Information about us can be found in our homepage
Who & What Are We?
We want to bring a News club to the students of NeoCity where they can receive monthly news from the school. The newspaper will raise awareness for important purchases, such as tickets for HOCO, that would fund the school and get more people to be involved with events. The newspaper would promote events such as HOCO, tournaments, competitions, and club events. Students will be able to enjoy a source of quality content every month as a summary, reminder, or entertainment for the school. By understanding the struggles of running a club where students would forget meetings or become unaware of club activities, we have created a place for us to view the club meeting times and current projects. We believe this would give more opportunities for students to join clubs they are passionate about. A newspaper would also create a way for students to bond and be more inclusive. A source of entertainment would not only bring the whole school together but would promote positive interactions between students.
- Four (4) Arts & Entertainment Articles
- Four (4) Feature Articles
- Four (4) Insights Articles
- Four (4) News Articles
- Goal: 20 total articles per semester
- Goal: 40 total articles by the end of the school year
Description Of Each Category
- The “News” section will promote important school events such as open house, yearly homecomings, spring dances, tournament of the knights (Tok), movie nights, testing dates, scholarship opportunities, and deadlines for college applications or event purchases. Students would have access to a trustworthy site where they could browse through the most crucial updates they tend to miss when passing by hallway posters. Therefore, the “News” section will aid the students and staff of NeoCity by serving as a biweekly breakdown/announcement.
Arts & Entertainment:
- The “Arts and Entertainment” section proudly presents the creative sides of the students at NeoCity Academy. Impressive projects would be laid out on the page to show others the thought process behind the outstanding efforts. Students may even send in their proudest work from their portfolio to show the whole school. To create a fun and social environment, this section would also include top movie, tiktoks, or song recommendations.
- The “features” section is dedicated to featuring clubs and teams that have either created extraordinary work, partook in a school, county, state-wide competition, or were selected by the school to represent NeoCity. The goal of featuring a specific team or person is to show recognition for the efforts that usually go unnoticed. It would also help other clubs document their accomplishments needed to sustain their club. Since a new class of freshman enter NeoCity every year, the features section can be a way to introduce the various clubs/interest at the school.
- The “insights” section will serve as an outlet for the opinions of the students, teachers, or admin of the school. Often, the voices of the students are unheard unless they are brought to attention on a school website. Students would have the option to interact with the news club through opinions as well. For instance, giving their own perspective on an issue, event, competition, or their experience as part of a team. The opinions give a human touch to the newspaper.
Broadcastings are short 1-5 minute videos about clubs, events, and information about NeoCity Academy. Broadcastings are available on Youtube currently. This is our only platform available to host until now. You can see it as well on our homepage or the broadcast page found in the navigation bar.
Podcasts are audio versions of the broadcastings. We currently have all of our broadcasts available on all of the platform services such as Google Podcasts, Apple Podcast, Spotify, Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing Skill, and more. You can find out more on Anchor.